Skip to main content

When the Unexpected Happens


So I have not been able to plan or even think about planning like I want to.  Work has been CRAZY, which I like because it makes the days go by faster! Then my Father-in-Law had a stroke.  Life has just been a series of going to work and then going to the hospital. 
The good news is that he is doing better, and we are spending less time there. I am trying to convince my husband it is better for him to go on his own and then my son and I don’t have to wait in the waiting room.  I just don’t want to pack up my planner stuff and bring it all to the hospital.
I do find myself trying to sneak it in a little more here and there so that I know I have it done.  I am happy that I did work ahead a little – which I usually worry about because I it’s something I like to do, I don’t want to “run out” of planning! Sometimes I wonder if I know that something is going to come up and I will run out of time.
What I am learning from these experiences, it is important to take care of yourself! I found that we were eating out A LOT and not moving a whole lot. (The weather doesn’t help) I was running out of clean clothes and would forget the last time I gave my son a bath.  If we don’t SLOW DOWN and think about the things we need to do, then we will fall apart ourselves. We aren’t any good to anyone else.  Think about when you are on a plane and they remind you to put the facemask on yourself first.
We forget that we should be most important to ourselves. If we don’t take care of ourselves, then how are we expected to take care of others. Take the time to do something for you today – even if it feels like you might neglect something else.  Life has a way of working out the way it should!
































































































































































































































































































































I do find myself trying to sneak it in a little more here and there so that I know I have it done.  I am happy that I did work ahead a little – which I usually worry about because I it’s something I like to do, I don’t want to “run out” of planning! Sometimes I wonder if I know that something is going to come up and I will run out of time.

What I am learning from these experiences, it is important to take care of yourself! I found that we were eating out A LOT and not moving a whole lot. (The weather doesn’t help) I was running out of clean clothes and would forget the last time I gave my son a bath.  If we don’t SLOW DOWN and think about the things we need to do, then we will fall apart ourselves. We aren’t any good to anyone else.  Think about when you are on a plane and they remind you to put the facemask on yourself first.

We forget that we should be most important to ourselves. If we don’t take care of ourselves, then how are we expected to take care of others. Take the time to do something for you today – even if it feels like you might neglect something else.  Life has a way of working out the way it should!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addendum to Meal Planning

So, I was planning last night and as I work on my planner I also watch You Tube videos to get inspiration.   As I am flipping through the people, I see that Kell of Plan has a Meal Planning Video, it has changed my way of thinking about meal planning! She gave me inspiration and I am excited for planning my meals for this next MONTH! Check out her video here … So instead of using a mini page and drawing out my month, I created this printable for 2 months’ worth of planning. Just print 2 sided, flipping on the short side if you can, otherwise having 2 sheets will work too.   Just trim them down to size and viola; you are good to go! I liked her idea of trimming the post-it’s to fit in the squares and then you can move them to your planner if you wanted, or you can write it directly on the calendar itself. Can’t wait to see if this changes my life! J

Do What Brings You Joy!

As I flipped through Instagram there were many times when I doubted my talents, and myself and I questioned whether I should continue to do these things. The good news is that since I started my planner Instagram I have felt more empowered and have gotten such positive feedback on the things I do.   I remember telling my husband I was going to start my page and he said don’t take anything personally.   I promised that I wouldn’t, and I believe that he has prepared himself for the worst.   Luckily, this group of people are a wonderful group and for the most part, live by the golden rule.     Starting planning has really made me start thinking about things differently and I am starting to try things that I haven’t done for YEARS. I am drawing again, I practice hand lettering and feel like I can actually do it, and it is all making me a better person and want to be a better mom.   My son has started to want to play and make things with paper and I ha...

What I Get From Planning

We spent the weekend with extended family this weekend. I am exhausted, only because they were long days and late nights. It is fun to get everyone together; my husband has a HUGE family! He is the youngest of seven, and with all the kids, there are a lot of us! I have found myself talking about my planner with them, I feel a little uncomfortable wondering what they will think of my hobby.   Am I just a little girl playing with markers and stickers? Well, maybe, as I get more into my conversation, I am confident and proud of what I have done with my IG page. It makes me laugh how the outside world thinks of planners.   I know that not everyone gets it; it is funny though, as I have my Happy Planner out, people end up getting interested into what I am doing.   They want to know what I think about pens, brands and stickers. They want to show me what they are doing and excited to talk about it.   It opens doors that I didn’t know were even closed! It is ni...