Skip to main content

Flexibility When Planning



We live a pretty flexible life.  There are times we have something in the books that we have planned for weeks, then other times, we have no plans and just see what is going on that we might want to do.

I was talking to my husband last night about the activities that we do as a family.  We want to give our son the experiences that we never seemed to have.  When I think about my childhood, there are few things I remember, but I don’t recall being busy the way we feel like we are. There are plus sides to this… and then there are downfalls.

We have created a VERY flexible child; he can sleep almost anywhere and goes with the flow.  He is good when we have to bring him to “gown-up” places and we don’t need to entertain him with electronics all the time. I love that I know we can bring him anywhere and not have an issue.

On the other side of the coin, we have also created a child who wants to do things often. We spent the day at a festival, and then he wanted to go to Dave and Busters because we didn’t play enough games.  UGH! We were exhausted. We were frustrated because of course we had sat and played for 3 hours at the festival and didn't want to have to go to another place, let alone pay for more playtime! The good thing is… we knew when we got him in the car; he would fall asleep – which he did.

I like the flexibility in the things we do.  I like that we can change our plans and then go to the next spot. I get tired at times, come home, and want to take a nap – but I do like our experiences.  We have gotten to participate in some fun things.  We have gone on adventures and done things that we wouldn’t typically do. 

I have learned that while a plan is good to have, having the flexibility to enjoy life is equally important.  If you feel the need to write things down, post-it’s have been my friend.  I usually keep them in my planner until I know I did something so that I don’t have to use a white out or cross things out. But there is always the cancelled stickers. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

πŸ’œ Pens πŸ–ŠπŸ–‹✒️✏️πŸ–

I love pens! I mean, like I look at a pen and want to write with it right away, if I like it I NEED it! I get excited when they are on sale and want every color in a style I love. Paper-Mate Flair comes out with new colors all the time and I get it stuck in my head that where I am just thinking about how much I want it. It’s a bad addiction. If someone picks up my pen to use I get a little sweaty, like are they going to press too hard, what if they take off with it? Ugh, I look like a NUT. I do get excited though when people ask me for my thoughts on a pen, then I have to go into great detail, do you want a ball point, gel ink or a fine line pen.   Are you left or right handed (lefty here!)? It depends on my mood with what I like in the moment. Usually I use my Paper-Mate Flair, then I might switch to my Stabilo 88’s.   It depends on what I am doing; writing, coloring, drawing… and sometimes I use a mix of them. I think that mixing the types can really give you a goo

Don’t Let Others Bring You Down

Sometimes I feel like an empath; like that, I can let other people’s behavior change my mood.   I am trying not to let these things affect me so much, not let other people dictate how I feel or my attitude.   I have some strong personalities at work.   Some people that think that the world is against them and then others that look at the positive side of life.     I lean towards the positive people so that I don’t think of negative things.   I tend to try to pep those naysayers up; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. When I look at my sticker books, I can tell I am a fan of the positive quotes.   I will get home from a shopping spree and find that I bought the same quote book I had trips back.   I even look through all the stickers while I am shopping to see if this is what I want.   I figure that I cannot have too many quotes pumping me up. I think those little reminders around you help make or break your day.   If I feel down, a little “Punch Today in the Face” makes me