Skip to main content

πŸ’œ Pens πŸ–ŠπŸ–‹✒️✏️πŸ–








I love pens! I mean, like I look at a pen and want to write with it right away, if I like it I NEED it! I get excited when they are on sale and want every color in a style I love. Paper-Mate Flair comes out with new colors all the time and I get it stuck in my head that where I am just thinking about how much I want it. It’s a bad addiction.

If someone picks up my pen to use I get a little sweaty, like are they going to press too hard, what if they take off with it? Ugh, I look like a NUT.

I do get excited though when people ask me for my thoughts on a pen, then I have to go into great detail, do you want a ball point, gel ink or a fine line pen.  Are you left or right handed (lefty here!)?

It depends on my mood with what I like in the moment. Usually I use my Paper-Mate Flair, then I might switch to my Stabilo 88’s.  It depends on what I am doing; writing, coloring, drawing… and sometimes I use a mix of them. I think that mixing the types can really give you a good effect! I got a deal on the Bic Gelocity pens (like free with rebate) and I have finally found a gel pen I can write with (again… lefty issues). I still like to use Crayola’s and think that colored pencils are the bomb.  Let’s just say if it writes, I want it.

My husband didn’t understand my passion about the pens at first, but I believe that he has come to get it a little.  I have a cabinet that I get to store all the pens that I am not using, as well as other art supplies, but I love to just open it up and look at all I have! It makes me happy.

I can tell now that I am raising a child who understands my love and he often times wants to use my pens too.  I let him use them because I think it is good to understand and respect other people’s pens. I think that this addiction I have came from my mother, so it is only understandable.

I figure that if you have to have an addiction, this is a good one to have.  It doesn’t really hurt people, and I can be just as happy with a $2.00 pen as well as a $200.00 pen, so I don’t’ have to spend a lot of money on it. 

I have found that many planner people have a love of pens too, and like stickers, you can never have enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flexibility When Planning

We live a pretty flexible life.   There are times we have something in the books that we have planned for weeks, then other times, we have no plans and just see what is going on that we might want to do. I was talking to my husband last night about the activities that we do as a family.   We want to give our son the experiences that we never seemed to have.   When I think about my childhood, there are few things I remember, but I don’t recall being busy the way we feel like we are. There are plus sides to this… and then there are downfalls. We have created a VERY flexible child; he can sleep almost anywhere and goes with the flow.   He is good when we have to bring him to “gown-up” places and we don’t need to entertain him with electronics all the time. I love that I know we can bring him anywhere and not have an issue. On the other side of the coin, we have also created a child who wants to do things often. We spent the day at a festival, and then he wanted to go to Dave

Don’t Let Others Bring You Down

Sometimes I feel like an empath; like that, I can let other people’s behavior change my mood.   I am trying not to let these things affect me so much, not let other people dictate how I feel or my attitude.   I have some strong personalities at work.   Some people that think that the world is against them and then others that look at the positive side of life.     I lean towards the positive people so that I don’t think of negative things.   I tend to try to pep those naysayers up; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. When I look at my sticker books, I can tell I am a fan of the positive quotes.   I will get home from a shopping spree and find that I bought the same quote book I had trips back.   I even look through all the stickers while I am shopping to see if this is what I want.   I figure that I cannot have too many quotes pumping me up. I think those little reminders around you help make or break your day.   If I feel down, a little “Punch Today in the Face” makes me