Skip to main content

Time Management


I will not say I am an expert by any means, and I know that there are only so many things you can complete in a day. I do feel confident that I have my grasp on my time management though.  I have been successful in my job as an Operations Assistant and Project Administrator because I follow a few tricks that seem to make sure that my tasks are done.  
1.       I write everything down!
·         I write down things I have done and things I need to do.  That way I don’t forget about what tasks need to be completed and I have all the info there.  There are things I write in my planner (either work or home) and somethings I keep on my Outlook/Apple calendar. It depends on which one is best suited and who I am looking to remind. 
2.       I always do the thing I hate the most first.
·         There is nothing worse than sitting on something I don’t want to do and thinking about it, if I do it first, then I get it out of the way and I don’t have to dwell on it. I have found if I do it early, I have a little more energy and I get it done quickly!
3.       I make a game out of it.
·         I get to cross things off my list and feel good about getting things done. I have mentioned before how I like to check things off my list.  This makes me very happy.
4.       I take the time for things I want to do.
·         I will reward myself with the fun tasks.  I leave them for the time I need a “happy” thing to think of.
5.       If it is an option, delegate.
·         Delegation is a great tool! Don’t feel like you need to complete everything on your own.  Make sure there is a clear expectation for the person you delegated to, but make sure that you feel confident that it will be completed. Then, let it go! You can relax because it will be done.




Now, there are things that take priority to another task, which more than likely you are aware of them. I have learned that it is important to ask when something needs to be completed or if it is a priority, we all know that sometimes people don’t think about telling you what is important to them. Getting those done in the timeline requested is important. Tasks that has multiple steps, I work backwards; what is the due date and then plan what you need to do to get it done.  
I will admit, I have issues at home with the tasks I need to complete there, hence my basement is a mess and I still have unpacked boxes in the office.  So sometimes you get so overdone with lists that you need to let some things go.  It seems like our priority at home is family time and making sure that we connect together, so we go on adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Planned During COVID

I LOVE planners, and use them for work, life and journaling Like many of you, I have been cooped up in my house since March 13 th (unlucky Friday the 13 th ) I have gone out for groceries, and I think we have picked up food once, at the beginning.  Otherwise, we have stayed in the house with little contact.  It was just this last weekend where we adventured to a “drive in movie” in the mall parking lot with my sister-in-law and her kids.   This was the first time my son finally got to play with his cousins and see someone other than his parents for over 3 months. He was delighted.  It doesn’t hurt that the movie was Sonic the Hedgehog which he has wanted to see for the whole quarantine as well!  I know that I have looked at Instagram and know that there are MANY of us that are just lost because there is nothing to plan! It hurts because we have these great planners all looking like they did “before the pen” still.  I admit it, I have many decorated pages with NOTHING written

πŸ’œ Pens πŸ–ŠπŸ–‹✒️✏️πŸ–

I love pens! I mean, like I look at a pen and want to write with it right away, if I like it I NEED it! I get excited when they are on sale and want every color in a style I love. Paper-Mate Flair comes out with new colors all the time and I get it stuck in my head that where I am just thinking about how much I want it. It’s a bad addiction. If someone picks up my pen to use I get a little sweaty, like are they going to press too hard, what if they take off with it? Ugh, I look like a NUT. I do get excited though when people ask me for my thoughts on a pen, then I have to go into great detail, do you want a ball point, gel ink or a fine line pen.   Are you left or right handed (lefty here!)? It depends on my mood with what I like in the moment. Usually I use my Paper-Mate Flair, then I might switch to my Stabilo 88’s.   It depends on what I am doing; writing, coloring, drawing… and sometimes I use a mix of them. I think that mixing the types can really give you a goo

Don’t Let Others Bring You Down

Sometimes I feel like an empath; like that, I can let other people’s behavior change my mood.   I am trying not to let these things affect me so much, not let other people dictate how I feel or my attitude.   I have some strong personalities at work.   Some people that think that the world is against them and then others that look at the positive side of life.     I lean towards the positive people so that I don’t think of negative things.   I tend to try to pep those naysayers up; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. When I look at my sticker books, I can tell I am a fan of the positive quotes.   I will get home from a shopping spree and find that I bought the same quote book I had trips back.   I even look through all the stickers while I am shopping to see if this is what I want.   I figure that I cannot have too many quotes pumping me up. I think those little reminders around you help make or break your day.   If I feel down, a little “Punch Today in the Face” makes me