Skip to main content

Challenges




Do you do the challenges on IG? I love them, I love to look at them and see the creativity.  I know that some are intimidating.  There are a lot of REALLY good hand letterers out there as well as some creative planners.

The nice thing about the challenges is that it gives you something to practice.  I know I have sat so many times without anything to write or practice writing. I also like that it keeps me accountable if I post it.  I really like the accountability! It is sometimes hard to keep up with them, I do find that it is important to take the time out for me. 

If you haven’t done a challenge, I would highly suggest you do one.  There are SO many to choose from! I love that there are ones for doodles, lettering, and planning designs. It breaks you out of your shell that you might be hiding in.  Believe in yourself, you are probably better than you think you are.

Some of my favorite challenges to follow:

@letteringchallengehq (reposts several other challenges)

@bujochallenges (reposts several other challenges)

@mermaidslogic (has great one word a day challenges)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addendum to Meal Planning

So, I was planning last night and as I work on my planner I also watch You Tube videos to get inspiration.   As I am flipping through the people, I see that Kell of Plan has a Meal Planning Video, it has changed my way of thinking about meal planning! She gave me inspiration and I am excited for planning my meals for this next MONTH! Check out her video here … So instead of using a mini page and drawing out my month, I created this printable for 2 months’ worth of planning. Just print 2 sided, flipping on the short side if you can, otherwise having 2 sheets will work too.   Just trim them down to size and viola; you are good to go! I liked her idea of trimming the post-it’s to fit in the squares and then you can move them to your planner if you wanted, or you can write it directly on the calendar itself. Can’t wait to see if this changes my life! J

Do What Brings You Joy!

As I flipped through Instagram there were many times when I doubted my talents, and myself and I questioned whether I should continue to do these things. The good news is that since I started my planner Instagram I have felt more empowered and have gotten such positive feedback on the things I do.   I remember telling my husband I was going to start my page and he said don’t take anything personally.   I promised that I wouldn’t, and I believe that he has prepared himself for the worst.   Luckily, this group of people are a wonderful group and for the most part, live by the golden rule.     Starting planning has really made me start thinking about things differently and I am starting to try things that I haven’t done for YEARS. I am drawing again, I practice hand lettering and feel like I can actually do it, and it is all making me a better person and want to be a better mom.   My son has started to want to play and make things with paper and I ha...

What I Get From Planning

We spent the weekend with extended family this weekend. I am exhausted, only because they were long days and late nights. It is fun to get everyone together; my husband has a HUGE family! He is the youngest of seven, and with all the kids, there are a lot of us! I have found myself talking about my planner with them, I feel a little uncomfortable wondering what they will think of my hobby.   Am I just a little girl playing with markers and stickers? Well, maybe, as I get more into my conversation, I am confident and proud of what I have done with my IG page. It makes me laugh how the outside world thinks of planners.   I know that not everyone gets it; it is funny though, as I have my Happy Planner out, people end up getting interested into what I am doing.   They want to know what I think about pens, brands and stickers. They want to show me what they are doing and excited to talk about it.   It opens doors that I didn’t know were even closed! It is ni...