Skip to main content

Monday's


I don't mind Mondays so much now, mostly because I really like my job! But who wouldn't when your job is about deadlines and making lists if you are a planner!

Another thing I do on Monday's is that I like to think about my weekends and the best things we did!  We celebrated my husband's birthday and also attended the Metro Parks Summer Event!  It was so much fun.  If you follow me on Instagram you saw my post about the stick journal, probably my favorite thing ever!! Working on it with my son I just LOVE! He is my little artist and nature buff, so this was right up his alley! 
   

Vincent is using his as his Nature Journal (we are letting him work on spelling through sounding out words, so it's his own creative spelling). He is planning on doing rubbings and drawing the things he sees out on our nature walks! If you are interested, you can check out my IG (@shelliesstory) and there is a pic of my Stick Journal and the Instructions, a super fun and quick thing to do with your kids! 

I am working on trying to use the Happynichi process, right now though mine tend to look like a small journal. I am going to work on that this week! Try to improve my "doodles" and bullet points.  Hopefully I will have something at the end of the week to show of for my attempt. 

I have also been trying to come up with usable notes for myself and others are welcome to download! Here's some pic's of what I have created, if you are interested, you can find them here. 
 






























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addendum to Meal Planning

So, I was planning last night and as I work on my planner I also watch You Tube videos to get inspiration.   As I am flipping through the people, I see that Kell of Plan has a Meal Planning Video, it has changed my way of thinking about meal planning! She gave me inspiration and I am excited for planning my meals for this next MONTH! Check out her video here … So instead of using a mini page and drawing out my month, I created this printable for 2 months’ worth of planning. Just print 2 sided, flipping on the short side if you can, otherwise having 2 sheets will work too.   Just trim them down to size and viola; you are good to go! I liked her idea of trimming the post-it’s to fit in the squares and then you can move them to your planner if you wanted, or you can write it directly on the calendar itself. Can’t wait to see if this changes my life! J

Do What Brings You Joy!

As I flipped through Instagram there were many times when I doubted my talents, and myself and I questioned whether I should continue to do these things. The good news is that since I started my planner Instagram I have felt more empowered and have gotten such positive feedback on the things I do.   I remember telling my husband I was going to start my page and he said don’t take anything personally.   I promised that I wouldn’t, and I believe that he has prepared himself for the worst.   Luckily, this group of people are a wonderful group and for the most part, live by the golden rule.     Starting planning has really made me start thinking about things differently and I am starting to try things that I haven’t done for YEARS. I am drawing again, I practice hand lettering and feel like I can actually do it, and it is all making me a better person and want to be a better mom.   My son has started to want to play and make things with paper and I ha...

Doodles

I love doodles, I want to be a better doodler, but all I see to draw are these odd shaped “blobs” inside one another. I find it relaxing and it keeps my hand moving. I feel like it helps me with some hand eye coordination because I try to get the one line as close as I can without touching the one next to it. These are full 8.5" X 11" papers when I doodle these... I have been practicing a doodle a day to describe my day in my planner.   It is fun to look back on the day and pick the one that I can draw. I have been practicing doodling various things.   I am not so into the flowers, I really enjoy the space rockets and animals.   I don’t think that I am good at it, but like everything, you won’t improve if you don’t practice. As I type this, I think of my son, he draws EVERYTHING. We have pictures that he has drawn all over the house and often go to bed with a cute little picture he drew for us for a surprise.   I love it! I need to be more like him a...