Skip to main content

Habit Tracking


I am addicted to checking things off lists.  I am sure that most of us who plan love to make lists and checking them off.  It also makes me more accountable if I write down what I have for a goal for my new habit. I do know though, I am having a hard time filling in my Habit Tracker… does this happen to anyone else?

I have heard repeatedly that it takes 21 days to form a habit.  If you do a search for how long it takes, the answer varies. Some of the studies I am seeing it takes over 254 days! WOW, that’s a lot of habit tracking!! The good thing is that you are building that repletion and you will get it down. 

I think the key is try to find a habit tracker that works for me.  Sometimes it means that I’m not tracking it with my planner, the important thing is that I track it one way or another. I use my phone and watch to know if I have done my steps for the day, my workouts, and my food. It’s easier; I get reminders from my phone, which helps me feel like I have something holding me accountable. That way I know I get it done and have to “answer” to something.

I use hitting these goals as a thing that made me happy for the day, so I make notes in my Happynichi with notes on how it went. I feel like it’s a good thing to be thankful for, that I have the ability to complete these tasks.   

Regardless, it doesn’t matter how you track, what matters is that you start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Addendum to Meal Planning

So, I was planning last night and as I work on my planner I also watch You Tube videos to get inspiration.   As I am flipping through the people, I see that Kell of Plan has a Meal Planning Video, it has changed my way of thinking about meal planning! She gave me inspiration and I am excited for planning my meals for this next MONTH! Check out her video here … So instead of using a mini page and drawing out my month, I created this printable for 2 months’ worth of planning. Just print 2 sided, flipping on the short side if you can, otherwise having 2 sheets will work too.   Just trim them down to size and viola; you are good to go! I liked her idea of trimming the post-it’s to fit in the squares and then you can move them to your planner if you wanted, or you can write it directly on the calendar itself. Can’t wait to see if this changes my life! J

Do What Brings You Joy!

As I flipped through Instagram there were many times when I doubted my talents, and myself and I questioned whether I should continue to do these things. The good news is that since I started my planner Instagram I have felt more empowered and have gotten such positive feedback on the things I do.   I remember telling my husband I was going to start my page and he said don’t take anything personally.   I promised that I wouldn’t, and I believe that he has prepared himself for the worst.   Luckily, this group of people are a wonderful group and for the most part, live by the golden rule.     Starting planning has really made me start thinking about things differently and I am starting to try things that I haven’t done for YEARS. I am drawing again, I practice hand lettering and feel like I can actually do it, and it is all making me a better person and want to be a better mom.   My son has started to want to play and make things with paper and I ha...

Doodles

I love doodles, I want to be a better doodler, but all I see to draw are these odd shaped “blobs” inside one another. I find it relaxing and it keeps my hand moving. I feel like it helps me with some hand eye coordination because I try to get the one line as close as I can without touching the one next to it. These are full 8.5" X 11" papers when I doodle these... I have been practicing a doodle a day to describe my day in my planner.   It is fun to look back on the day and pick the one that I can draw. I have been practicing doodling various things.   I am not so into the flowers, I really enjoy the space rockets and animals.   I don’t think that I am good at it, but like everything, you won’t improve if you don’t practice. As I type this, I think of my son, he draws EVERYTHING. We have pictures that he has drawn all over the house and often go to bed with a cute little picture he drew for us for a surprise.   I love it! I need to be more like him a...